The Bradley Inn is in a very special area, ideally situated for reaching many of Maine’s iconic spots. You can explore New Harbor and Pemaquid Point or move up the coast a bit to the Rockland/Camden area. With its granite shores, crashing waves, lobster buoys, and wildlife, you can literally just walk from the inn to explore the area around the Point. The Bradley Inn is the perfect landing spot for your Maine vacation.
You may consider some of the following activities:
- Kayak on the Pemaquid River
- Eat lobster at one of the local “on-the-dock” restaurants
- Go Puffin, Firework, etc. on the Hardy Boat right out of New Harbor
- Love Puffins? We are ideally located, being less than 10 minutes from the Hardy Boat launch site on New Harbor. Eastern Egg Rock is the furthest south Puffins go to nest, take the Hardy Boat Cruise to see and learn about these whimsical little birds. Check out the Puffin Loafing Ledge Cam
- Going to Monhegan and concerned about catching the early ferry? Come stay at The Bradley Inn, have a restful night sleep and breakfast before you head over to the Hardy Boat in the morning
- Bike around the area
- Fish off the rocks, a boat, or the town dock
- Enjoy the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens located nearby in the Boothbay area – they feature 295 acres of tidal shore land!
- Visit the Maine Maritime Museum in Bath on their 20-acre campus on the Kennebec River
- Check out Fort William Henry located on the Pemaquid Peninsula
- Go tide pool hopping at Rachel Carson Salt Water Pond
- Admire the art of the Wyeth Family and other talented artists at the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland
- The photographer’s trinity with sunrises, sunsets and an iconic lighthouse. With little to no light pollution the night sky is full of stars, over an open ocean, and depending upon the timing the milky way as well can be clearly seen.
- Pemaquid Peninsula is also one of Maine’s best locations for bird watching, due to the number of birds that either live here or migrate through the area.
- Shop in Damariscotta and Round Pond
- Drive up to Camden or down to Booth Bay to walk, shop, and eat
Flying your own plane or boating into the area to enjoy Pemaquid Peninsula, New Harbor, dinner at The Bradley Inn or perhaps a nights stay; the following two documents provide information on where you can land and how to get to the inn.